Organization: The University of Pennsylvania Center for Public Health Initiatives
Audience & Focus: Dates: January 4-5: Lectures. January 6 OR 7: NVivo Lab.
This comprehensive institute is designed to develop skills that are useful in qualitative and mixed methods research, including:
1) Data collection approaches
2) Structuring and conducting an interview
3) Selecting an appropriate sample
4) Organizing and facilitating a focus group
5) Managing, coding, and analyzing data
6) Integrating photo elicitation, photo voice, & the participant as a colleague
7) Publishing your work
8) Use and application of NVivo software.
The Institute will be held on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)
January 4-5: School of Nursing, Fagin Hall, Room 116, 418 Curie Boulevard
January 6-7: Goldstein Room 114, Van Pelt Library, 3420 Walnut Street
When registering, please choose which lab day you would like to enroll in: Friday, Jan 6th OR Saturday, Jan 7th. The same material will be taught on both days. Lab space is limited to 16 people for each day. Registration is first come first served.
Full Institute: $850
Full Institute (Student): $455
Lectures Only: $450
Lectures Only (Student): $255
Deadline: January 2, 2017
Website URL: http://www.cphi.upenn.edu/2017-Winter-Institute-on-Qualitative-Research-Methods.html