Principal Investigator: Karen Glanz
Co-Investigators: David Grande, Carmen Guerra
Project Coordinator: Krista Scheffey
Project Dates: 2014-2020
The Cancer Prevention and Control Network (CPCRN) is a national network of academic, public health, and community partners who work together to reduce the burden of cancer, especially among those disproportionately affected.
The UPenn CPCRN will achieve the following objectives as a collaborating center in the CPCRN:
- Establish and maintain the infrastructure within the UPenn PRC to lead and manage a program of community-based intervention research in cancer prevention and control
- Form and expand partnerships to advance community-based intervention research in cancer prevention and control in Southeastern Pennsylvania and the surrounding region
- Expand community-based dissemination and implementation research on cancer prevention and control in Southeastern Pennsylvania and the surrounding region, including the state of Pennsylvania, through the use of a) Evidence Academies and b) a Community Engaged Scholars program of collaborative pilot grant funding
- Take an active participant role in the Cancer Prevention and Control Research Network (CPCRN) and establish and/or maintain new working relationships with other collaborating Centers
- Facilitate dissemination of study tools, methods and findings to regional and national professional and community stakeholders
- Expand the evidence base in dissemination and implementation research in cancer prevention and control
- Address critical gaps in the uptake of evidence-based strategies to increase colorectal cancer screening by conducting implementation research to increase systematic and opportunistic screening for colorectal cancer in primary care settings, especially for disadvantaged and minority adults
The proposed activities will advance research across the translation continuum from discovery to dissemination and adoption of effective cancer prevention and control interventions.
Read more about the Cancer Prevention & Control Research Network: